Friday, May 1, 2009

The Dark Hills Divide


I'm trying to update myself on current young adult and children's fiction. So, while flipping through the library collection I came across this book.

The cover art is amazing and immediately attracted my attention. I was hoping for something good because I'd just been disappointed by A Certian Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb. And, as the story began I found that I could really get into this one.

I'm one of those people who is constantly doing literary analysis in my head and looking for deeper meaning in everything. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the books in the serious to figure out who the mysterious deity Elyon is. And like any good literary critic, I'll be doing some digging into Patrick Carman to find out what makes him tick.

This series is definitely one that I can offer to young readers without reservation.

No comments:

Post a Comment